Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 272: Calculus: Concepts and Contexts


I loved math until I took calculus as one of my running start classes. My teacher did not speak English very well. Through out class he would say "Anybody? Anybody?" but it sounded just like "Emily? Emily?" so I kept thinking he was calling one me. I would have a brief moment of panic before I realized that once again he wasn't singling me out. He also would do problems wrong on accident and then spend the whole class trying to figure out why he messed up. I took the next two calculus classes in the series but my teachers were only marginally better and they weren't able to get me excited about calculus again. It bums me out now because I still love working with numbers and I think I would have loved calculus under different circumstances.

Status: Donated

No comments :

Post a Comment