Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 245: Thailand travel guides


Take one, two, or all of them, but it would be a little strange if you wanted two copies of Lonely Planet. One of the copies has my notes in it of places I stayed at and activities I liked. I thought it would be nice to pass on that information to the next owner of my book and my writing is small so it it doesn't take much space.

Tonight I have a couchsurfer that I met in Bangkok arriving and I had a different couchsurfer the last two nights. The woman who left this morning is named Emily and she is an Australian but she's moving to Canada to work. She had been working on a farm in Chelan before heading up north to Seattle. I showed her around Capitol Hill and last night I took her to Knee High. She is the second couchsurfer I've taken to Knee High and they both have loved it.

My sister told her to "order what you feel" so she asked Gregg for a drink for the occasion of starting a new life in Canada and later an "I like your suspenders" cocktail. Gregg is a good sport and both drinks turned out well. Her first drink had Pendleton and maple syrup and I would definitely drink it again. I was drinking my pink foamy drink. It's a bastardization of the Hemingway Daquiri. I wanted a pink drink with egg white and this is what I came up with:

Rum
Equal parts grapefruit & lime juice
Creme de Cassis
Egg White

It's not very good for my tough girl image but it hits the spot when I'm in the mood for something fruity!

Status: Dibbed / Donated

No comments :

Post a Comment