Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 322: Notre Dame


I thought about what I wrote yesterday on the home from work and realized that I had done a bit of re-visioning on my memories. It's true I felt desperately alone during that time but I had other people who cared about me. When I made the decision to move out, they were there for me. Today I chose an item inspired by what I wanted to write because, why the hell not. This game was recommended to me by someone who broke my heart (but it was all for the best).

For the two years before the breakup I hosted a weekly happy hour with my friend Deb. She was my best friend in middle school and somehow we had reconnected after college. The happy hour was dubbed TINSTAAFL and it was pretty much the only thing I did outside of work and Warcraft. We took turns choosing a different happy hour every week (although we definitely returned to our favorites). Over the years, a number of people that I had met playing Settlers of Catan would show up. Logan and Jonah were two of them who showed up almost every week.

I was a complete train wreck for a few months and those three, my coworker Nicole, and a new friend Megan of the Settlers clan, did so much for me. I moved four times within a year and the TINSTAAFLers each gave me the bulk of support for at least one of those moves. Deb helped me move my stuff to my parents' and let me crash at her place for a few nights. Jonah helped me move from my parents' house to Capitol Hill. Logan singlehandedly assisted me with my move from Capitol Hill to Belltown.

Anyway, I had to write this because I feel like a cad for not acknowledging their support.

Status: Dibbed

1 comment :