Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 152: Print by Couchsurfing acquaintance


During my stay in Bangkok, I stayed in a couchsurfing household. Couchsurfing is exactly what it sounds like and there is a website devoted to bring potential hosts and surfers together. The process includes reviewing other surfers so the experience feels pretty safe.  I have hosted five times in Seattle but this was my first time surfing someone else's "couch." It's a fantastic way to travel because you get to meets interesting people from all over the world and they are usually happy to show you around their town or at least give you tips.

On my last day in the city I was given this print by the artist who had just arrived. He was a nice guy but I didn't have much of a chance to interact with him. He showed me a book of his work. I liked it and it was very politically charged. He insisted I take a print as a gift. I feel a little guilty passing it on but while I like the print it's not the sort of thing I would display so I hope one of you will.


Status: Dibbed

1 comment :