Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 208: Japanese bag


I received this bag as a gift during my first trip to Japan. I can not remember who it was from but I do recall that I was originally given a comb and mirror and I traded with my sister. We traveled there together during the summer of 2000, the year I graduated from high school. We were visiting family friends.

The friends were a couple who had independently stayed with us for a year each through the Never Again Campaign and ended up meeting back in Japan, falling in love, getting married, and having two children.   The Never Again Campaign was a program that brought Japanese people to the states to visit schools and other organizations and talk about peace. They were just two of many guests who lived with us during my childhood. It was almost constant until my youngest sister's disorders made it too difficult to have other people living with us.

Eating okonomiyaki in Kyoto!

Status: Dibbed

No comments :

Post a Comment