Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 183: Fruits Basket 1-21


This post marks the halfway point of my project so I wanted to post something significant to me. Fruits Basket was my most beloved manga for years and I thought I would always want to come back to it. If I have children I was sure I would want to pass them on.

Something changed because if you've read the series you'll notice that I have all but the last volume. I already read it at least a year before it was released but I generally re-read manga and I just haven't had the urge to do so. It's not that I don't enjoy manga anymore. I've read the series Skip Beat! all the way through the released volumes at least five times (my collection has grown from 9 volumes to 20).

I'm still not sure I'm ready to give them up but what has pushed me over the edge with this series is I have started thinking about my future with my possessions. I can't imagine lugging this around with me for the next twenty years - which is possibly how long it'll be before I have kids old enough to appreciate them.

My guitars, my drawings, my two favorite books. What can you picture yourself carrying around for the next twenty years?

Status: Dibbed

1 comment :

  1. Opposite of me. I didn't expect to ever care about FB, but with re-readings I ended up loving it more and more, until I finally bought it in a big lot. About possessions, I'm not nomadic by nature. I have a home base where my stuff is parked, and I'm okay being crowded by my own stuff. It means I can't pick up and move easily, but I don't want to move easily, at least not in a big permanent way.

    ReplyDelete