Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 194: Found II


Friends of mine started a group to play a monthly game of the popular dice game Bunco. I won this book as a prize for getting the most Buncos. It's a great chance to see my friends but unfortunately I don't care for the game much. It's entirely based on luck. I know this appeals to some people because it levels the playing field but it also means you can't improve your game.

I've been wanting to start a ladies poker group if I can get enough interest. I am not much of a gambler but I feel comfortable with tournament style because I know exactly how much money I can lose throughout the evening. I used to be obsessed with the World Poker Tour and I love playing Texas Hold 'Em, Omaha Hi-Lo, and 7 Card Stud.

I've found that poker is a great way to bond with people while traveling. The photos below are from a coffee shop in Amsterdam. My (now ex) boyfriend and I wandered in to this cafe on our first night and noticed these guys playing cards. They were on a soccer team in Marseilles together and were heading back to France the next day for a big game. They invited us to join them and I took their pretend money. Granted, I had an advantage since I didn't partake.

In Cusco, Peru last year, some guys were running a game in the hostel. Twenty soles buy-in, me and ten Israeli guys. I made some new friends and took their money.



(Top) French Footballers (Bottom) Ex-bf, French Footballer

Status: Dibbed

1 comment :

  1. X3 Not sure what this book will be, but it looks iiiiinnnnnteresting. Dibby?

    ReplyDelete