Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 105: Fingersmith by Sarah Waters


This book was from that box of Friends of the SPL books that I never read. 

I mentioned before that I only buy books that I will read more than once. Since I have nothing of interest to say about Fingersmith, I thought I might as tell you about the books I have kept.

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
This is my fall-back book when I'm sick or tired and don't have the energy to read anything new. I have probably read it twice a year for ten years. 

Howl's Moving Castle by Dianne Wynne Jones
I have been reading this book every year since fifth grade. It is my absolute favorite fantasy book. As you can imagine, I was overcome with excitement when I heard Hayao Miyazaki was making it in to a film. I was sure that he was the only director who could do it justice. Then the movie came out and I didn't like it at all. Removing so many good characters and adding the element of war; why couldn't they have left the story alone .

The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
This is my favorite Neal Stephenson book and a recent acquisition. My closest friend had an extra copy so I was thrilled to take it off her hands. 

Fruits Basket, Paradise Kiss, Skip Beat
These are the last of my manga.

The Arabian Nights

Almost everything else is non fiction.

Status: Dibbed

2 comments :

  1. I've often thought of reading this, so I wouldn't mind it :3

    Aw, how'd Skip Beat go? X3 I only read vol 1, which was pretty fun, but never pursued it. Fruits Basket and ParaKiss were worth the investment though <3
    I wonder if you'd like any of the books by Isaac Adamson. I fall back on those when I'm run down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Skip Beat! It's a keeper. I'll check out Isaac Adamson and let you know what I think :)

    ReplyDelete