Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 131: The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie

Day


This is going to be yet another tangential memory because you guys already know I love Agatha Christie.

My parents raised us on a diet of lots of beans, rice, and vegetables. My mom grew her own salad greens carrots, corn, broccoli, and other good stuff. Meat was a rare treat and my dad used to cook us steak about once a year in the toaster oven. There were many "normal" foods that I didn't try until I was in my late teens or adulthood.

I remember the first time I tried biscuits and gravy. My family was on a road trip back from dropping my sister off in Utah. We stayed in the Inn at Horse Heaven in Prosser. For breakfast they served mini biscuits and gravy. I'm not sure why more places don't serve mini biscuits and gravy, I found their size appealing.

Unfortunately I think mini biscuits and gravy was the only exciting dining experience from all our visits to Utah. Excluding, of course, when we were recognized in a diner from the documentary my family was featured in. I'll tell you about that another time.

Status: Dibbed

No comments :

Post a Comment