Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 300: Sony PSP


It took me awhile to decide to let this one go but for my 300th post I'm passing on my PSP. This PSP was a gift from a friend I met at one of my first jobs working at Games and Gizmos - a games store on Capitol Hill.

Technically Games and Gizmos was my second job (after being a home health care aide), but it was still memorable. I have always believed that my accident had an impact on my getting that job. Just after submitting my resume I was hit by a truck while crossing the street.

The truck was a nondescript delivery style truck. I was crossing the street from where American Apparel is now to Rite Aid and the truck was making a left turn off John. I was clocked in the head by the side view mirror and the truck itself hit me to the side. My glasses fell off and I was bruised but other than that I was fortunate. I picked myself up, found my glasses (intact), and finished crossing the street. The guy working at Planetary Espresso gave me some water, and then the cops came, and after they took me home the experience finally hit me and I burst in to tears.

After I was dropped off at home I went to the hospital but I didn't appear to have a concussion and was just a bit bruised. We later found out that the truck driver was found to be under the influence. My mother sent him a letter. When I had my interview later I mentioned that I got hit by a truck after I applied for a job there.

Anyway, this friend from G&G knew I was a huge fan of Disgaea and gave me this PSP so I could play the port. Disgaea is still one of the best video games I have ever played and the port to PSP was perfect.



Status: Dibbed

3 comments :

  1. I did a quick check to see if Disgaea has a Mac port, but didn't see anything right away. Do you know if there is one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe so. AFAIK it only made it to PS2 and PSP.

    ReplyDelete