Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 299: Radiohead CDs


I hope you don't think this means I don't like Radiohead, because it doesn't. They were one of the first bands that mattered to me and they were my first concert as an impressionable young teenager. I'd been to Board Stiff Cubed and a few ska shows but Radiohead was the first concert I went to that really mattered (not that Mephiskapheles wasn't awesome!). Their show at the Paramount had sold out but a girl at my high school had an extra ticket and kindly sold it to me at face value. Not more than an hour later someone offered here $100 and a stereo for the ticket she had already promised me. I went to the show and it was one of the most influential musical experiences of my youth.

Status: Dibbed

1 comment :

  1. Shit. I've been trying to replace my copy of The Bends since the divorce.

    :)

    ReplyDelete