Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 365: Becoming Orgasmic


I have been wracking my brains trying to think of something "big" for my last day but there just isn't much left that I can get rid of. The length of this project turned out to be perfect - just long enough to be challenging yet not unreasonable. I still have objects I need to ship and people I need to meet but I'm satisfied with where this project has taken me. Tomorrow will be the first day in a year that I won't have to account for on this blog.

After struggling with this for months and even calling my mother for her opinion, I have decided to post something personal today. This book is representative of my own journey of self discovery. I'm not sure I spent much time with this particular book but it was books like this that helped me learn to stop worrying and enjoy sex.

It's a delicate balance to talk about meaning without going in to much detail but I want to talk about it a little bit. I think it's important because a better understanding would have saved me years of frustration and thinking I was broken.

I dated my first boyfriend for almost seven years and never reached a point where I was just able to relax. Sex was painful for a long time, more for my boyfriend's enjoyment than me, and I certainly wasn't getting an orgasm from him. The investment in my pleasure was big (usually an hour) and usually made us both uncomfortable. I thought all sorts of things: maybe I was frigid, or something was physically wrong with me. I thought about asking a doctor if there was some sort of medication that would help.

At some point I decided to take matters in to my own hands and took a trip to Babeland for some reading material. I discovered all sorts of things that made me feel better. I learned about most women needing extra stimulation, how to feel more comfortable with my body, the importance of room temperature, and the concept of the plateau (which can take quite a while). All of this information contributed to me feeling better about myself and my pleasure increased proportionately.

I also have a copy of I <3 Female Orgasm available. It is not pictured because I have to retrieve it from my sister's friend.

Status: Dibbed

6 comments :

  1. Want it! I reAlly enjoyed your blog. Can't wait for the next idea! Mbx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading! I can't tell you how much I appreciate hearing that :)

    Email me at tenshiemi [at] gmail.com and we can work out how to get the book to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Emily! I'm impressed you made it all the way to the end. Have a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm impressed by your accomplishment and the integrity with which you have done it. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the end of your project! I love that you have completed your year without falling back on Rule #10, no matter how many times I pleaded. I love that you found so many things that you won't miss in your life and I hope they have opened up space for (a few) things that you will love. I have shared your idea with so many people now, it says so many thing I believe are important about collecting stuff. I am really grateful I got to watch you through this!

    Love, Aurana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Emily,
    Your mom's friend Cindy here. Congratulations on completing a most engaging and practical project. Your writing is a pleasure to read. Best to you in this new year.
    Warmly,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete