Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 284: Jade Cocoon 2


An old favorite of mine, Jade Cocoon 2 is a classic monster raising game. The graphics are super cute and I  like the characters and story. I just looked the game up on Wikipedia and discovered that the characters were designed by the same designer who did the characters for Kiki's Delivery Service and I Can Hear The Sea. I can see the resemblance now that I think about it.

I discovered this game through friends of my old boyfriend's. They always had the most interesting selection of video games. I also discovered Gitaroo Man and Twinkle Star Sprites through them. Evan knew them through Gameworks but by the time I met them they worked at Speakeasy. Back in the old days when they had a cafe in Belltown. I remember going to the cafe after hours and they would drink free Mac & Jack's and play video games. The friends eventually moved in to a house in Northgate that was outfitted with every video game system imaginable including two American Neo Geos and a Japanese Neo Geo cabinet. Fun times...

Status: Dibbed

1 comment :

  1. I will gladly give this game a home if it still needs one. :D - Tracy

    ReplyDelete