Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 89: Black hair dye


I have a chip on my shoulder about people thinking I have black hair. According to me, it is dark brown.  As a composite I admit it looks more like black but on a strand level I definitely have brown hair. Defensive about my hair color since '94.

Occasionally I dye my hair black, as if to prove a point. It is definitely a different look for me although I do not actually think it has ever swayed anyone about my natural hair color. I can not recall the exact circumstances but I purchased these hair products several months ago as a reaction to someone telling me I had black hair. In the end it was a silly purchase because I like the brown highlights.

Status: Dibbed

2 comments :

  1. oh my gosh, me too! I inherited this defensiveness about not having black hair from my dad, who has extremely dark brown hair.. about the same shade as yours. But I've always been surprised when people said I had black hair, because it really, really isn't black. just dark brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the first person I've met who is like that :D Awesome. For the record, I agree that you have dark brown hair.

    ReplyDelete