Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 81: The Girls' Guide to Hunting And Fishing - Melissa Bank


I've been a regular patron of the library for as long as I can remember. When I was four years old I lost my first library book and threw away my library card so I couldn't be tracked. At six I donated a book for the library's collection that was written and illustrated by myself. Until my dad brought home a computer, when I misbehaved I would be grounded from the library.

Every year the Friends of the Seattle Public Library organization holds a massive book sale in a hangar in Magnuson Park. Stacks of books as far as the eye can see, and cheap too. If you enjoy possessing books and you haven't been yet, you should go. The next one is the weekend of April 16-18.

This book is from my second attempt at the book sale. It is evidence that I am not meant to be a book owner. I have not read a single book that I acquired in my box of twenty-something books. It turns out that I use the library due dates to prioritize my reading. If I own a book, the commencement of reading is delayed indefinitely.

Henceforth, I have decided I will no longer acquire works of fiction unless I have already read them and I was captivated enough to add it to the tiny list of books that I re-read regularly. If you love me, you will email or text me titles you think I should read and I will dutifully add them to my holds list.

Status: Dibbed

No comments :

Post a Comment