Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 327: Amelie


I've listed Amelie as one of my favorite movies in every social networking profile I've had since the movie came out in 2001. I also haven't watched it since 2001. I finally removed the movie section from my Facebook profile because I don't really watch movies. I have a difficult time sitting through them, especially in a movie theater where I can't multi-task. Movies either have to be short or engaging to keep me from feeling something like nausea. I frequently spend the last half hour in a theater thinking to myself "Oh my god, this movie needs to end soon or I'm going to scream or throw up!" 

I wouldn't really throw up but my insides feel twisted and chaotic until I walk around a bit. I've decided to start meditating to see if I can learn to sit still better. I was trying to do it before bed to see if it would help me sleep but it's too hard to remember so I'm going to try switching to mornings. I've done it three times now and while I can't stop the thinking yet I'm pretty impressed that I managed to sit still for five minutes without opening my eyes more than a second.

Status: Gifted

3 comments :

  1. Hi Emily! I would love this DVD... one of my favorite movies! Also, that copy of The Importance of Being Earnest you sent is being put to good use in my classroom! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm out of town but I'll send it when I am back in seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it today! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete