Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 314: Effective Prototyping for Software Makers


It is getting way too difficult to find a time with enough light to take my photographs. :(

I bought this book on the recommendation of a coworker when I was at Treemo. I'm not exactly sure how I was planning to use it but I'm always interested in learning new stuff. I'm much more likely to follow up on an a technical or instructive book than fiction. 

Effective Prototyping for Software Makers is littered with typos and grammatical errors which I felt detracted from the reading experience. One of my favorite bloggers writes stuff like "Writing without typos is totally outdated" and "Good grammar might derail your career" and this book is a perfect example of why I think what she's saying has a lot of merit. I think there are good ideas in this book, and they are actually pretty good at presenting their information, but because I have a difficult time reading something with errors I will never learn what they have to teach. But it's cheaper to release a product that is less polished and maybe it was necessary for their budget. The ideas should be the important part.

Status: Available

No comments :

Post a Comment