Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 323: AeroPress coffee maker and ~200 filters


I've given up coffee except on Fridays and Saturdays. I'm extremely sensitive to caffeine and I have problems sleeping no matter how early I drink it. Three times now, I have tried to start drinking coffee regularly and run myself down to a zombie state. The problem is I fall asleep just fine but I wake up after four hours and can't get back to sleep. Since I'm able to fall asleep it always takes me a while to realize that the problem is coffee.

This sucks because I love coffee. I only started drinking it two years ago when I was dating a Stumptown barista. He is still a good friend of mine and I usually try to go to him for my fix. I didn't think I'd like it but, being my stubborn self regarding consumables, I quickly developed a taste for it under his tutelage. I first weaned myself off adding sugar, then foamed milk, and now I will happily enjoy my coffee black or as an espresso shot.

This was to my detriment because now that I'm working at Amazon they have decent coffee available all the time. My coffee consumption skyrocketed for a couple weeks until I became completely exhausted. Now I'm giving up my press so fewer temptations will remain.

Status: Dibbed

No comments :

Post a Comment