Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 177: Small Gods by Terry Pratchett


I purchased this book at a used bookstore in Chiang Mai for about $7.50. It seemed an outrageous price but I was somewhat desperate for an enjoyable read. In my attempt to pack light I had only packed one book that wasn't a travel guide - Polgara the Sorceress by the Eddings.

Polgara the Sorceress ran through family history from the point of view of Polgara and since I have never read any of David Eddings' other books it was not particularly interesting to read. I forced myself to finish it for two reasons: two books isn't nearly enough when you're planning to lounge on a beach for several days and I felt obligated since I had lifted it from a hostel in Lima, Peru. My strong desire to finish the book despite my boredom was absurd. I left another book for the hostel (per instructions) and the book was in poor condition. I finally finished it on the beaches of Ko Pha Ngan and abandoned it in the couchsurfing house in Bangkok.



Couchsurfing house in Bangkok!

Status: Donated

No comments :

Post a Comment