Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 173: Darrin's Coconut Ass: Live from Omaha - Goldfinger


I'm getting close to the difficult part of this project so today you are getting this ridiculous looking CD. I'm rather uncomfortable just looking at it. Goldfinger was a favorite band of mine in high school so I when I came across a record of theirs I felt like I had to buy it.

During college I finally had an opportunity to see Goldfinger live - as the opening band for the Bloodhound Gang. Two memories stand out about this show. First of all, my glasses fell off in the middle of the mosh pit and the guy next to me managed to recover them completely undamaged. Secondly, the Bloodhound Gang grossed me out. They paid a guy to drink a gallon of milk and someone else to drink a flat of warm soda and then had one of them piss himself. Then they wiped it up with towels and tossed them in to the crowd. Fortunately I had retreated from the pit by then.

Status: Trashed

No comments :

Post a Comment