Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 106: Fatal Frame II for PS2


The original Fatal Frame is the only survival horror game I have played until completion. This is because I am a huge wuss. I've made attempts at Clocktower 3 and one of the Resident Evil games but I had to give up after a half hour because I'm so terrified. My sister can affirm this; she was in the same room as me when I was playing Clocktower 3. I had headphones on so she had forgotten I was in the room until she was startled by a loud shriek behind her and reacted with her own scream.

I managed to beat Fatal Frame by sheer determination because I was so impressed by the ingenuity of gameplay and the atmosphere. In case you have not heard of it, the main character is stuck in a haunted Japanese mansion armed only with a camera. You "fight" ghosts by capturing them with your camera and the nearer you let them get the more damage you inflict. Let them get too close and you're done for.

While I don't often play survival horror games, I do enjoy watching them. I've seen Resident Evil 4 played through almost to its entirety and loved it. I need to find someone to play through more of these games for me...

Status: Dibbed

1 comment :

  1. I have a hard time playing some FPS games because I feel like I'm falling when the character falls.

    ReplyDelete