Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 101: Shinomori Aoshi pin


Sometimes I feel like this blog overexposes my anime geek side. It was a large part of my identity during my late high school and early college years but I'm disconnected from it now. I did have friends growing up but when I developed an interest in anime it was the first time I felt like I really had an identity. I was finally excited about something for my own sake and not because I thought I should like it (although the story of how I got in to anime involves some manipulation).

I went to my first anime convention as a junior in high school. My best friend and I managed to pull together last minute costumes from the Lakeside rummage sale. We were dressed up as characters from the tv show Battle Athletes. That year was just the beginning; I was anime con staff for four or five years after that.

My second year I dressed up as Misao the purple ninja girl from Rurouni Kenshin. It was the best one mostly because someone else did the majority of the sewing. I made my own kunai knives which were surprisingly realistic looking.


This pin is a character from Rurouni Kenshin.

Status: Dibbed

1 comment :

  1. I would be glad to give this pin a home with his buddy Totoro. :D - Tracy TG

    ReplyDelete