Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 68: WoW Collector's Edition Box


I used to be a Warcraft addict. This was during the time that I lived in Lake City with the boy I wasted six and a half years of my life with. I don't like to use the term "waste" lightly when it comes to relationships but when I think of how my personal growth stalled during those years it is difficult not to think of him as a big mistake. This includes the two years we spent together in our basement apartment fighting with the Horde.

The Warcraft addiction was bad. My sister and a friend would come over every week to watch Veronica Mars with me. They would sit on the couch and I would sit at my computer and raid during the show. "Just a few more minutes, I have a chance at some new gear!" I would say. Sometimes I would get the coveted gear but it was never just a few more minutes.

By the time that I quit Warcraft for Lent* I had effectively isolated myself from everyone but my boyfriend.

Disclaimer: I was not actually the person who purchased this Collector's Edition. It was given to me by someone who had already quit. It is missing the art book and map.

Status: Trashed

* I'm an atheist but I was raised Catholic and still use Lent occasionally for behavior modification purposes.

No comments :

Post a Comment