Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 205: The Big Sister's Guide to the World of Work


This was the first career book I ever read, when I was not long out of college. It's been a while since I last read it but I feel comfortable recommending it to any woman just starting off in her career. Since then I've read many career/life/people books but I tend to like the more unconventional advice. Jason Seiden's How to Self-Destruct was a fun read and I'm currently reading Rework. I follow Jason Seiden's blog as well as the blog of Penelope Trunk, whose blog is controversial but thought-provoking. You could say that reading this stuff is a hobby of mine.

Status: Dibbed

2 comments :

  1. If you haven't sent my stuff off yet, toss this in if it fits? If not, then I don't mind you just passing it on to a used book place, but if I have it, I'll read it, and I'd be interested in knowing how I can monitor myself better workwise.

    ReplyDelete